That’s what I’m talking about. I’ve got mine, got yours?
Check out all other Black Keys concert tour dates and venues here.
Update 30 October: Congratulations to Joel H. and Gavin Murray. Their winning comments are published at the bottom of this post. Enjoy the show!
The Black Keys Fan Lounge have 2 x double passes to give away to The Black Keys and Dr. Dog concert on October 30th, 2008, at The Fillmore in San Francisco, USA.
But wait there’s more! Each pair of tickets includes a Meet and Greet with the band prior to the show! An amazing opportunity not to be missed.
The concert is Sold Out so this is probably the only way you will be able to get tickets.
HOW TO WIN: Simply leave a comment on this post explaining why you love the The Black Keys.
THE WINNERS: The best 2 comments will be selected as winners. Winners, if they wish, will also able to have their review and photos of the show published on this website.
COMPETITION CLOSES: Midnight, Tuesday 28 October, 2008.
YOU MUST: Be able to collect the tickets personally in San Francisco. Winners will be contacted by email (make sure you leave your email address with your Comment) on Tuesday about how and where in San Francisco to collect your tickets and wristband for the Meet and Greet.
The concert will be the last of the Converse Century Concert Series designed to bring intimate gigs to fans at a reduced price. Tickets were only US$10 for this event.
The series also included shows in Philadelphia featuring Sonic Youth and The Hold Steady; Chicago featuring N.E.R.D and Bad Brains.; and San Diego featuring Social Distortion and the Reverend Horton Heat.
Don’t sit there reading this, post your comment now and win!
A photo of my mate’s Chuck Taylor’s for good measure below.
Readers of this site will recall my half-hearted and failed quest for an interview with The Black Keys earlier this year. The questions I proposed asking, and was ambitious enough to publish in advance, weren’t so witty in retrospect (well, my girlfriend told me as much). No wonder the band didn’t have time for me, or at least their Management who I emailed.
Nevertheless, I hereby declare my quest to interview The Black Keys re-started!
With the Black Keys playing in in my hometown of Melbourne, Australia, on January 11 2009, I’m cautiously hopeful the lads will grant me an audience. Stay tuned for more foolhardy, plaintive and demeaning attempts at getting an interview here at this site.
Reasons why the Black Keys should grant me an interview in Melbourne 2009:
1. I’ve already bought tickets for the upcoming Melbourne concert (front row no less) so it’s not as if I’m trying to get free tickets.
2. There are no other really dedicated Black Keys fan sites, outside of their own Black Keys Forum, promoting the band like this site does.
7. I’ve popularised a number of lesser known Black Keys links and musings for fans of the band in my posts – hopefully there’s a few more fans for the band out there now.
8. This blog is completely not for profit and there’s no advertising on the site. Few if any music sites who cover Black Keys news, reviews and concerts can make similar claims. I just love the band – that’s why I started this blog and want to do the interview.
9. I’ve been to 5 Black Keys concerts already. The January 2009 show will be my 6th. Consider an interview a token reward for dedication if that sort of thing makes you feel better.
10. I’m not a stalker and just like the music. Honest.
11. I promise not to ask dumb questions on camera and I’ll even let Dan and Pat choose which ones they want to answer. Hey, we don’t even have to call it an interview, I’m happy to hang out.
12. If Quinnstorm can get a video interview backstage (respect) and video it on his camera, I’m figuring there’s no reason the band aren’t open to me doing an interview or something similar.
Dan and Pat, any chance?
The Black Keys have announced their 2009 Australian tour dates. You can buy Black Keys concert tickets from Love Police for all shows (Sydney, Byron Bay, Newcastle, Brisbane and regional areas) except for Melbourne. Melbourne concert tickets can be bought from Ticketmaster. Great to see them back so soon in Australia on tour following their June 2008 tour in support of the Attack and Release album.
The New Years Eve show at the Pyramid Rock Festival at Phillip Island, Victoria, (near Melbourne) has already sold out.
The Black Keys Australian tour dates:
29 December 2008
Fremantle Arts Center – Fremantle, WA, Australia
30 December 2008
HQ – Adelaide, SA, Australia
31 December 2008
Pyramid Festival – Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia – SOLD OUT
2 January 2009
Byron Entertainment Centre – Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
3 January 2009
Coolangatta Hotel – Coolangatta, QLD, Australia
4 January 2009
Lake Kawana Community Centre – Bokarina, Sunshine Coast, Australia
5 January 2009
The Arena – Brisbane, QLD, Australia
7 January 2009
Coffs Ex-Services Club
8 January 2009
Panthers – Newcastle West, NSW, Australia
9 January 2009
Luna Park – Sydney, NSW, Australia
10 January 2009
Waves – Towradgi, NSW, Australia
11 January 2009
Palais Theatre – St. Kilda, Melbourne, Australia
I was scavenging around YouTube the other day looking at random Black Keys related videos. Crikey there’s a heap of concert footage and people doing Black Keys covers on there now.
I came across a short report about the making of the “Just Got To Be” video by a journalist at Ohio.com. I hadn’t seen it before even though its been out since the Magic Potion album came out in 2007. It’s an interesting snippet of the video making process with a bit of the usual banter between Dan, Pat and interviewer. I love the slow motion guitar flourishes Dan puts in for the video making. They make sense in the finished version.
The making of: